Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I've never been able to get myself to do it. There are few cars I actually like in black (Z4M being one of them), but the thought of trying to maintain one is just too much for me. I'm already not that great about keeping my cars clean.

Funnily enough, I've been on Rennlist browsing more and more because a Porsche would be my ultimate dream car. Right now it's a tie between a 997.1 GT3 or 981 Spyder in the distant future. But at their current values, I have a very hard time justifying the fact that one of those cost more than DOUBLE the Z4M and E36 M3 combined. Not sure I'd get 4x the smiles those cars bring me.
Black isn't as bad as people make it out to be, especially, in Sapphire. Jet Black, on the other hand is a different story.

I owned a Sapphire Black X5 for 16 years and counting and don't really have an issue with it and this is just with your basic waxing every year. No paint correction after 16 years of ownership! Sapphire really hides a lot of the minor scratches and the annual wax took care of those. Would I own another black car? Probably not, but it's because I like my cars in colors other than black, white, or any other shades of gray - i.e. none color blind.
Appreciate 0