01-06-2021, 10:09 AM   #10
Sterling Roadster
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e85 Z4 3.0i & e92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Look at 2003-2009 MB SL500 and SL600. I personally would go for the 500 because I see it as more GT car than stoplight monster, and would want to take advantage of the 500's better gas mileage + the HUGE gas tank in those cars to do GT stuff that GT people do with their GT cars. Pretty reliable, the ABC suspension seems to be the bugaboo because it has soft bits, but there are relatively inexpensive solutions.
Just browsing around autotrader here. For some reason SL's command quite a premium over the 6er in my area for some reason. I really prefer the interior design of the 6 as well. I currently have a MB W246 B250 with the dual clutch and quite like it for what it is. I haven't had any experience with SLs but Mercedes as a brand always seems to have luxury as it's priority with a little sportiness sprinkled in there. While the 6er is no lightweight sports car it seems like it would have the better handling over the two. I'd have to drive both though. I have always liked the CLKs but that's not in the same competition of course.
Appreciate 0