10-22-2019, 08:48 AM   #58
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-M007 View Post
Those of you who had your software updated, are you located in the U.S.? If yes, what state are you located at? In California they are giving us the run around. I called my service advisor and provide him this information (per SIB 12 20 19 to reach target I) and he said he had no idea.

I was also told that there is a new iDrive software, but again some of the dealers penitent that they have no clue.

Anyone could provide any information, I greatly appreciate it.

As for the loaner cars. They have limited BMW cars, most of the time they are extremely dirty on the outside and dusty inside. Getting a loaner car from Honda is cleaner. I have written my conclusions to BMW NA, on thier Facebook and Twitter accounts. it seems like they do not care.
I am in Scottsdale, AZ. I didn't even ask. My check engine light came on because of the active grill issue and when I brought it in, they simply told me that the software needed updating.

Whenever I have needed service (mostly with my prior, more troublesome BMW) I was always told to come right in (I live pretty close) and they always had a loaner for me. In the past I have been somewhat able to select which loaner cars and used that as a test platform for me.

One thing that struck me was that the car was about 14 months old, was stripped (not even navigation) and there was a "buy me" sign in the car offering a lease for only $499/month. For a used, stripped X3 that has been driven by a whole bunch of people who didn't need to worry about what they did to the car!

I have generally been pretty happy with my service from my dealership. As I originally noted, I understand that beggars can't always be choosers.

I am replacing my tires at Costco rather than the dealership. I went back and forth and back and forth between summer tires (Michelin 4S) and RFTs (Driveguards). I finally decided that while I would like the ride better from the summer tires, I might occasionally need to drive in colder weather and I don't track the car so I ended up ordering the Driveguards. I will be having them installed this week.
Appreciate 0