View Single Post
      05-16-2021, 11:15 AM   #93
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
that vibrations on the fin probably causes a time lose.. im not an aerodynamicist but a surface that vibrates is not something to help for its performance.. but bending and changing the angle on the straights does.. clearly..
Yes you're not an aerodynamicist and you inply that the ones at mercedes either didn't notice this phenomenon or they are incapable to stiffen up that finn where the engineers at RB can?
Neither of these 2 options are very likely.
Everything a layman like me sees in a video, the aerodynamicists at Mercedes have seen 10 times over and have measured and calcualted at that phenomenon. If those vibrations and flexing should impede performance.... I'm pretty sure they would have fixed it.
Nothing we could ever ever see in these videos are things the engineers at mercedes would have missed. Everything we see is a result of what they engineer very very carefully.
When you see something flapping around in the breeze on an F1 car.......it's ment to do that.

Trust me, they are very much ahead of us

My only point was regarding the statement of 'rigid'.
If that RB spoiler isnt rigid, that merc finn also isnt 'rigid'
And imho none of those issues are 'coincidental'. Those engineers are way too smart for that.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 05-16-2021 at 11:25 AM..
Appreciate 4