04-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #9
BruceJ
6 of Diamonds (ret)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
While the windows do, in fact, go up and seat just fine with the hard top installed, the one-touch feature does not seem to be operating correctly.

Specifically, (and this is true for BOTH sides,) once the one-touch is activated, the windows roll up automatically, but at the top of their travel they then immediately go back down, parking in about the the 1/4 up position.

When the windows are going back down, the switch seems to be disabled, i.e. the window cannot be made to go back up until the downward movement is completed.

However, if the window switch is HELD in the up position throughout the entire upward travel, the window will go all the way up and stay there. I also note that when the door is opened/closed, the normal slight up/slight down clearing movement of the window occurs.

The immediate down window movement that I describe above is almost as if the safety (no pinch) feature is being activated, i.e. the top of the hardtop window frame cavity is sensed as an obstruction and the window immediately goes back down.

I certainly can't imagine that this is the way it is supposed to function, and haven't tried the window park reset procedure (need to find it again), but can anyone shed any light on what may be happening here?
Thanks
There is a slight diff (very slight but enough to trigger the pinch/rolldown you are seeing) in height from the ragtop to the hardtop. Try the reset - it should do the trick. I had the same issue with my hardtop.
If you dont want to do that you can try raising the height of the hardtop posts a little. See the attached pdf for the adjustment procedure.
6183EN.pdf
By now you probably know exactly why BMW calls for the boot lid travel limiter mod. Even with the two limiters that lid gets really close to the Hardtop Glass.
BTW thanks for the write-up. It helped me enormously when I did mine a month or two ago.
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 10602
Size:  126.8 KB
2011 E93 335is - current fav

Last edited by BruceJ; 04-17-2011 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 0