01-14-2019, 02:11 PM   #20
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4ord View Post
Greetings... This thread inspired me to finally register and post. I've been searching for a set of side covers for my 2004 Z4 a long time with no success. A recent eBay auction I missed netted $450 for a pair of these with bag, so there is a definite demand here. This could be an opportunity for someone fortunate enough to have them to scan and 3D print sets for Z4 owners, as others have suggested. Granted there might be an issue with BMW legal, but also a chance to satisfy a need and make a nice profit for themselves in the process.

Just a thought...
Welcome! That gives me an idea. To avoid legal issues, and assuming the tooling still exists, I wonder if BMW would be willing to help out its fans here and do a limited production run of these if we were to get enough folks to commit to buy a set. I'd consider a second set for myself and I have two friends with E85s. So that's three right off the bat. Also, the E85 / E86 remains immensely popular in the UK (just check out www.z4-forum.com) so I'd expect that there would be strong interest from Z4 owners there too.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.

Last edited by Huz-Z; 01-14-2019 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 2
wdb4673.00