DaveL--2mnycars
Iron Ring
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3Cab/SMG/Dinan-Sold;335CabSld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick F. View Post
Dave,

I'm glad you enjoyed the write-up for my ride with Neil Peart of Rush. It was quite an adventure, all right.

Your Newfoundland pictures were great. Some of them reminded me of your Pacific Coast Highway shots--except fewer surfers and more quaint fishing boats.

Just to whet everyone else's appetite and to encourage you to post these more often, here are two of my favorites from your collection:

Thanks again--and keep enjoying those trips!

Rick
Rick, we've been to Nova Scotia twice to see our old London Ontario neighbours. Both times we had a chance to sail with them. They have a home they built themselves on Marvin's Island (about an hour out of Halifax). Walk out the back door and down the path to the dock--they have their 42 foot sailboat tied up there.
The sailboat photo? Two schooners were racing. This photo turned out.
Our skipper for the moment? A local character who is a very successful painter. Great stories of the community and his memories.

He had just finished a total restoration of an old racing sailboat that had been a true derelict. A labour of love.

Thanks for your comments. No trips recently; just found and made our own an '06 limited edition Miata.

Regards,
DaveL
Toronto
Appreciate 0