View Single Post
      04-08-2017, 08:20 PM   #12
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Thanks for the info and it sounds like you have a lot of experience on the topic.

I was looking at the BlueStuff, and RedStuff pads, but I was worried that the YellowStuff pads would have been too noisy for the dual duty my car pulls.

I was also looking int the Akebono Ceramic pads, but haven't been sold that the brake power is hugely better than the stock pads. As I understand it though, they make no noise and almost no dust at all.

I have never considered the Ferodo pads and admittedly this is the first I've heard of them. It sounds like they may be the ticket for me as a cross section between performance/noise/ and dust (In order of importance).
Just to give you another data point, I ran the PDX today on the infield DE course at Daytona. The yellow stuff pads did just as well as the Hawk HP+ did when I tracked them, and they're actually very quiet. Not quite dust free like the Akebonos, but they're not very dusty. Certainly less than OEM pads, and nothing like the Hawks. These photos are after 4 twenty minute sessions today. With the Hawks the wheels would have been totally black. I still have the Ferodo pads on the rear, but I replaced them on the front because the retention spring on on the inside pads didn't fit into the caliper piston well. It allowed the pads to move out of the piston cup which pushed the caliper pistons further in. The result was a long brake pedal on the first push every time to close the gap, then a 2nd push got normal braking.
Attached Images