02-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #57
exdos
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: Z3 M Coupe(S54) and Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
If you're so confident with your car throw it on a roller dyno and lets see the numbers off of a dyno spreadsheet.

A graph from an excel document is as worthless as me twirling my fingers in the air. It holds absolutely ZERO value.
By suggesting that I use a static dyno to prove gains from my ram intake you clearly do not understand how an ideal ram intake should operate. Ram pressures quadruples with a doubling of speed, so doing a 3rd gear run in a Z4MC, which would take the wheel speed to an equivalent of the car travelling at over 100mph cannot be replicated on a static dyno with a cooling fan which operates at a fixed speed equivalent to 70mph. Therefore, assessing changes with a properly designed ram-intake on a static dyno are meaningless.

Watch the video of a few dynoruns at this link: http://www.tecnocraft.com/Tecnocraft...ystem-P18.aspx Why does heat-soak occur on the dyno during multiple runs, which causes the dyno results to be different for each run? Which of those figures is a representative of the car in "real world" driving conditions? Datalogging shows that heat-soak does not occur in real world conditions of acceleration, in fact the opposite occurs: IATs fall during acceleration.

The data in those Excel graphs is exactly the same data produced by the DashDyno, but exported as a .csv file. This way, I can merge the data from multiple files so that I can view data in "comparison graphs". This might be worthless to you, but it's priceless to me in developing my intake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Basically with your paragraph summed up. Putting a 8" intake will yield more airflow (with my many many many years in science) making the ECU MUST match it...lol

I'd be interested to see the AFR if these figures are actually correct. I put my money that you're running on the lean side.
In which paragraph did I say that I've got an 8" intake? Despite your "many many many years in science", the flow through an 8" pipe into a throttle body of 2" diameter wouldn't necessarily be greater than the flow through a smaller diameter pipe into the same throttle body.

You've just lost your money. Take a look at the graph that I've posted in the other thread on the Z4 forum: it shows that in 3rd gear acceleration at WOT, the AFR is 13:1, that's not lean, is it? My datalogging of AFRs shows that when the throttle is open to a lesser degree the AFR is around 14.7:1. These figures are the same as when the car is in OEM state. EFI operated by an ECU does not behave in the same way as curburettors and ram intakes. Clearly, the ECU is capable of matching the increased airflow without any need for remapping, in the same way that it would be capable of proper fuelling under extreme cold conditions and high ambient pressures as occur in the Arctic Circle.

Last edited by exdos; 02-18-2013 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: more info
Appreciate 0