View Single Post
      01-04-2019, 03:38 PM   #12
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jns_e85 View Post
Since there is another group buy on these available, I am considering the JRZ RS TWO and have a couple questions:

1. On the deal configuration, it lists a race camber plate option for Z4s and not Z4Ms. Is there a race camber plate offered for the Z4M in this deal?

2. The setup I am considering would include race plates and Level 1 spring rates since my vehicle is used daily and for autocross, as well as an occasional HPDE. How frequent would the dampers need to be rebuilt? (6,000ish street miles per year, ~ 15 autocrosses, and 4 HPDEs)
Jns,

In regards to the race camber plates, you will need to select the "Z4 Race Plates" option in the configurator. The race camber plate design for the Z4M and Non-M does not differ which is why there is only one single Race plate option for the Z4 chassis.

The level 1 setup is ideal for a dual duty car that is not running any aero or slick tires. JRZ recommends a rebuild interval of 24,000km (roughly 15,000 miles) to "maintain peak performance for racing applications". We see no issue stretching a rebuild to over this 15k interval.

With your current projections of how often you drive your Z4, you would easily be able to get 3 years (!) of use out of the dampers before we would recommend rebuilding them.

- Max