View Single Post
      05-05-2011, 07:00 AM   #4
idlook2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 89' 325is x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlook2 View Post
you don't have one. From what I've heard only 3.0's up to 05' have them and 3.0si (only 06-08) have them.

I just took one foam piece out last night and the drive to work this morning wasn't all that noticeable but i didn't rev it past 3.5K and I don't abuse a cold engine.

Btw, looked at some DIY's and they are over complicating the removal of the tube. I pulled the tube from the firewall and loosened the clamp at the other end and it came right off exposing both ends with the foam in it. Took me 5 minutes start to finish.
*update* Car sounds normal until you lay on the throttle past 3k rpm and it's awesome! Something this sports car should have came from the factory like. First off, the noise level is increased but it doesn't change the tone of the engine, which is a very good thing.

I had a loud exhaust that I loved on my E46 but sometimes I wish I could tone it down. So the foam delete is the best of both worlds to me, subtle deep sound driving normally then a sportier sound when driving aggressively. And I like the idea of not having a loud car to attracted unwanted attention.
Appreciate 0