View Single Post
      07-24-2017, 10:53 PM   #3
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

The PS-7 at 18" x 9.5" ET43 (on clearance @ ApexRaceparts.com) require some significant spacers to fit. Not ideal, but as it turns out, gave me the flexibility to fine-tune the front clearance to what already was a very close call on the stock 9" ET30 wheels. With 15mm spacers, effectively making the ET43 wheels ET28, the inner barrel clearance decreased only by 3mm. What used to be a fairly comfortable margin from the wheel to the strut, and from the tires to the spring collars, is now razor thin. I suspect, under load due to tire deflection the tires may touch the spring collar. We shall see when I take it to the local tracks.

On a positive note, the clearance to the brake caliper is insane with this new setup. I probably have 1 more inch of radial clearance and 2 more inch of axial clearance. Can almost stick my whole hand in there.
Attached Images

Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 5
XMetal1131.00
kaybat125.50
bananabun169.00
Mirko182.00