View Single Post
      12-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Ever wanted an expensive watch, but it was too expensive?

Sometimes the nice watches one wants are just to darn expensive. Sometimes they are out of production, but you still want one. Buying used often is your only choice in such cases.

Where do you go to find them? Places I like to check when I'm seeking something that's no longer made are:
  • http://www.chrono24.com/ - largest selection by far. Many sellers are brick and mortar jewelers.
  • Alan Furman - not a huge selection, but what they have is good quality/condition. They are a grey market seller primarily which is why their used watch selection is somewhat limited.
  • Local auction houses -- because I want to see them before I buy at auction (auctions are nearly always AYOR)
  • James Edition - wonky website but a reliable place from which to buy (they offer a lot of stuff besides watches -- cars, boats, real estate, etc.)
  • Luxury Bazaar - grey market seller
  • Local antique jewelers
  • Local non-antique jewelers
  • Tourneau - huge Rolex selection, and decent selection on other brands. Not the cheapest, but reliably good quality/condition.
All the best

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 12-14-2013 at 11:10 AM..
Appreciate 0