View Single Post
      06-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #8
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

RPI GT exhaust

I missed the exhaust note of my ’01 M roaster with the Dinan exhaust, so I started shopping around for an axle-back set-up. I wound up jumping on the tail end of the RPI group buy. I really like the look, the video clips sounded great, and the price was low relative to other brands. www.raceprecision.com (RPI) customer service was very good.

Installation: Very easy, and everything fit like OEM.

Quality: Top notch. The exhaust really looked like a work of art. Every detail was perfect.

Sound: What the hell have I gotten myself into!

The exhaust sounded amazing. It literally sounded like a GT class race car. This is a sound I have grown to love, because I meet up with friends and family every year to attend the American Le Mans race In Monterey. Inside the car was a different story. It was so loud that I almost put the stock exhaust back on. I was encouraged by other members to run the exhaust for a few hundred miles, and that it would mellow out. I am glad I waited, because the sound matured into a beautiful exotic tone. In the end, this was the perfect axle back set-up for me.

Power: About 7 WHP is what has been produced by others. I did not put my car on a dyno for this mod.
Attached Images

Last edited by crfine88; 06-30-2010 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 2
Vanne1593.00