Quote:
Originally Posted by gds52 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Zed View Post
The Z4M was certainly compared against a lot of cars upon its initial launch in 2006 - Porsche Boxster/Cayman, BMW E46 M3, etc.

Nowadays comparison generally is against other BMW enthusiast models (1M, E9X M3, Z3M) unless by a previous (or current) Z4M owner. Lots of folks on this forum have sports cars from other makes and happily extol the pros/cons versus their BMW experience.

The Camaro 1LE and Mustang GT350 are outstanding cars. In terms of ownership, the value proposition as a Z4M replacement is still not there for me. As an addition to the current garage - absolutely yes.
Well said - Same here. As much as I like and want a Camaro 1LE or Mustang GT350, I can't get myself to sell the Z4MC. I would add one in a heartbeat if I have garage space for one
Cool! Sounds like this subforum is the right place. I'm a few years away from getting a second two seater. I rented a Z4MR last summer and I was blown away. I expected an M car to be good but this was on another level. Here's my question and I think you guys are going to say yes, we get it. The E46 M3 is great but the Z4M improves on it almost every way. Better chassis, seating position, quicker steering rack, brakes, subframe... the E46 has a back seat I guess. The asking prices of E46 M3s are generally lower but the conditions are worse. Holding condition the same, the Z4MC is about the same price as E46 M3C. The Z4MR is still better than the eE46 coupe and it's a steal. It's crazy that the prices are almost comparable, right?
My question is who gave her/his Z4MR for rent?
I believe on Turo.....
It was Turo. I got it in San Diego. I was like $80 per day approx. Southern California Turo is amazing. Owner probably took home about $300 from my trip. If he can do that 10 or 15 times per year over a few years that pays for a good chunk of the car. I have a good I would not rent out on Turo. I have others where I would just think fine whatever.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
gds52886.00