Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmrbee View Post
Imagine wanting to compare a 13 year old sports car to a modern day muscle car. Says a lot for the Z4M.
As 86Zed said earlier there's nothing out there that I would feel happy about replacing my Z4MR with. I'm super excited that the 718 Spyder now has a proper engine but it lost an easy to deploy power roof as a result. Total California car.

Of the many things I've come to appreciate about the Z4M, especially since getting my 991.1, is that it is the perfect size. All these cars that you are comparing it with are BOATS in comparison. Add that to the fact that its actually extremely comfortable compared to other small sports cars and you have a winner. Haven't even gotten to the characterful engine and chassis yet. The S2000 is right up there in terms of fun but is the most uncomfortable ride I've ever been in and has to be disqualified.

Its a winning package for a fraction of the cost of some newer cars. And for those of us who have other cars around us when we want to switch it up well we get best of all worlds. Easily best bang for buck value I've ever spent on a car. I wanted one for 10+ years as a young college grad and when I finally got one it was all I dreamed it was and more.
When I picked up the ZMR I rented I was surprised how little it was. I looked it up and, yep, virtually the same dimensions as my S2000. It looks bigger in photos.

I need a 2nd car winter and occasionally taking some teenagers to school. The 1LE is the best that I've driven but the visibility is bad and it's huge. Same footprint as my wife's Cayenne. I do a mix of city and suburb driving. If lived in a more rural place it might make sense. Still I tend to like smaller cars.
Need a winter car to transport the kids?
With the money you would spend on the Chevy, buy a used minivan and an E85 Z4MR and I'll bet you may even have some leftover. Plus you'll have a sports car with character.
Appreciate 0