View Single Post
      11-17-2019, 12:16 PM   #16
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBimmer View Post
Cool! Sounds like this subforum is the right place. I'm a few years away from getting a second two seater. I rented a Z4MR last summer and I was blown away. I expected an M car to be good but this was on another level. Here's my question and I think you guys are going to say yes, we get it. The E46 M3 is great but the Z4M improves on it almost every way. Better chassis, seating position, quicker steering rack, brakes, subframe... the E46 has a back seat I guess. The asking prices of E46 M3s are generally lower but the conditions are worse. Holding condition the same, the Z4MC is about the same price as E46 M3C. The Z4MR is still better than the eE46 coupe and it's a steal. It's crazy that the prices are almost comparable, right?
I've got a Z4MR and agree it's one of the bargains of the M cars IMO. I also happen to think it's more of an event to drive than the E46 or any other M3 to be honest. For the same price, I'd pick the Z4M every time.

Regarding the American muscle cars, they're just not for me. Not saying that they are not bargains, or that they have all the performance in the world, but physically, they're just huge. I sat in a Mustang is that it feels much bigger than my E92 M3, but the rear seats were tiny.

Personally, my end goal is to add a Porsche. Considering a 997 of some type and a 981 Porsche Spyder (which would replace the Z4MR). Problem though, is that it's 4x more expensive, which I can't currently justify at all.
Appreciate 1