View Single Post
      05-03-2019, 07:37 AM   #5
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

If I recall correctly, a BMW dealer may be able to access the PK code using their diagnostic computer. I don't know if its available through the diagnostic units that folks here have purchased for code reading.

For my car, I can also use voice commands to make calls by pressing the little talking head button on the steering wheel and saying "Dial Number". The car will say " Please say the number". After I do that, it repeats what I have said and replies "and next?" Then you say "Dial Number" again and it places the call.

You can also store names and numbers. So if I have done that for the local pizza shop, I can say "name". The car will reply "please say the name" and I reply "pizza joint". The car responds "do you want to call [pizza joint]?" and I reply "Dial". This all works pretty well with the top up but it can be messed up in noisy areas or with the top down due to ambient noise.

And with my (now ancient) iPhone 6s, the car loads my contacts and I can scroll through them using the display on the dash and place a call using the steering wheel buttons.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.

Last edited by Huz-Z; 05-03-2019 at 07:42 AM..
Appreciate 0