View Single Post
      01-29-2021, 08:31 AM   #86
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Finally came up with a way to mount my MTB to my swing out. Have to mount it there to gain access to the cargo area since I’ve got a split hatch with a tail gate. Plus I’ve got a drawer system, and I don’t want to have to disassemble the bike mount each time I want in to get some gear.

Made some custom bolts and modified the swingout to accept a pintle mount. Counterbored some jam nuts in to fasten the carriage bolts on T slot. Used barrel nuts (with tamper proof bits) to align the flush mounts to the pintle mount and bored the receiver to accept a locking pin. A lot of moving pieces to get it all together for what it is, but I have it designed to just pull the lock pin and it comes right out. Real happy with how it turned out; we’ll just have to see if I get used to the added length.
Wonder if you could fabricate a hinge on that system to allow you to swing the bike right by 90 degrees to have it tuck up against the rear of the rig?

I keep forgetting to ask you, are those Bridgestone KO2s on there? I put a set on the FJ and love them.
Appreciate 0