///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Nice!

What are the details on the socket organizer? Looks like you hid everything really well. Just a bunch of "floating" sockets.
I wanted to have that quick visual reference for the sizes so I used 1/4" MDF and those cheap Harbor Freight socket organizers and cut the posts off. Determined the placement I wanted, drilled holes that were the dia of the socket organizer posts, cut the posts with a dremel and then glued them in place. It didnt come out as clean as I wanted, but it works. I might just drill holes for the sockets to set in and get rid of the posts (didnt have posts for all sizes, and they dont all sit the same height and I'm OCD).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Fantastic! Is that for molten lead?

I dabbled with some at home metal casting a few years back when I needed a custom mounting bracket for the clutch cable on the motorcycle I built. Nothing on the market came close to what I wanted so I had a buddy draw it up in Solidworks. We 3D printed the mold seed, then I cast it from brass in a clay mold like you would cast jewelry. Came out better than I hoped!
Yeah he bought a kit to melt and pour lead. Not sure how long the alum will hold up and how easy/difficult the lead will release, but we can revamp later if needed.
Appreciate 1