07-09-2019, 12:32 PM   #49
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Damn, getting chastised in here. I don't think it is that bad if you have insurance to cover anything that may happen (for others) like an umbrella policy or something since your car insurance likely wouldn't pay a dime.

I also believe that you should let your kids drink in your house before it is legal and make sure they are safe and controlled rather than be strict about it and have them out driving around and being less smart and controlled about it.

Sure something bad could happen and it could financially wreck you, but life is boring if you never take any risks.
Lots on here are barking...

Fact: KC allows 14 year olds driving, what's the difference if my son learns how to drive in Maine and Massachusetts? To some people that's neglecting my child putting people at risk

It's all about state lines, the only law being broken

Yes the north east is more metro and 90% of KC is farm but so is Maine, it's full of Subaru outback's a few cows and Steven King (Kansas north version)

About drinking: my 2 cents is let em taste @ home, all my family let their kids drink on occasions (little) so @ 21 less likely binge at college, So far so good

It's a cultural thing? in Spain Italy and France is more common for a 16,17,18 year old to drink a glass of wine or a cold beer during a family cookout (it's not forbidden) but saying that some on this forum will call DEA on me for mentioning
Appreciate 0