View Single Post
      07-05-2019, 07:22 AM   #7
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

I believe Kansas allows driving at 14 due to farms and allowing kids to drive farm equipment and truck on the roads. If your thinking that having a official Kansas drivers license, not a permit will not be an issue in Mass, you may want to think again. If he gets pulled over for any reason and he has an outstate license and driving a car with an in state registration, this will set flags off with the Mass Police. Plus with all the state driver license database being linked next year, Mass police will be able to see the history of his Kansas License.

Your going to be him at risk of not being able to get his Mass License at 16 and you could be fine as well, but money does not seem to be an issue for you. All i know is Mass has some very restrictive licensing and auto insurance rules. When the state tells your insurance company you had an unlicensed driver driving your car I pretty sure they will not be happy.

Good luck to you pulling this off, I am glad I will not be driving in Mass knowing your 14yr is on the roads there. I know my kids had challenges driving at 16 and I made them drive thousands of mile before they took their driver test. Had nothing to do with their driving skill it was all the other idiots on the roads doing stupid things. Kids expect everyone to follow the rules and most people do not.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614882.00