View Single Post
      07-28-2020, 07:45 AM   #24
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I still have landline service and also use a fax machine when possible. When I had a major power outage, my equipment was still up but my Comcast service took a dump. I keep my landline around for a few reasons. One is for the reliability. Two is for another number to use when filling out applications and such which inevitably will get telemarketers. Three, the landline is the primary means of my alarm system communicating to the monitoring station. Four, I share the landline service between my two homes via my own VoIP system.

As far as faxing, I use faxing as a better means of keeping communications with various entities more secure.
Can't argue with that! I had not considered this.

However.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I called a local appliance store today and had a fax machine screeching in my ear. I was like, "WTF??" I guess some places still use them.
I'm still amazed that people use these. In my experiences, it's mostly (not all) mom & pop owned businesses and the owners (or the employees) haven't figured out email yet. I have 3 local companies that I refuse to do business with solely because they want everything (technical drawings, blueprints, bill of material, etc.) faxed to them. Pass. If I have to print, then fax, then re-fax, then re-fax.....you've already lost my business.

Last edited by King Rudi; 07-28-2020 at 07:50 AM..
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50