View Single Post
      08-08-2021, 08:33 PM   #5
GyroF-16
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
I'm not 100% sure for a coupe, but if it's like the roadster the antenna is hidden in the trim above the windshield. It's a pretty common problem with all the models that use this antenna. I replaced mine years ago because it wasn't even close, once even showed me a couple of miles out to sea.
Nate-
I’ve located the GPS antenna in my Coupe… it’s behind the dome light / map light panel that’s right above the rear-view mirror.
Trouble is - I haven’t been able to get it out. I can wiggle it in the mounting bracket, but don’t know how to release it, or which way to slide it off.
I considered just leaving it in there, and plugging in the replacement antenna I bought on Amazon, but can’t disconnect the cable, either. It disappears in to the headliner going towards the driver’s side. It’s pretty firmly attached to something over there, as it didn’t budge with a few tugs.

I’m starting to suspect that I may have to pull the headliner down to get the access that I need.

But before I do that, do you remember anything about how you released and unplugged the OEM antenna? I’m hoping not to make it any more involved a task than it needs to be.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Inputs from others are welcome and appreciated, as well.
Appreciate 0