View Single Post
      07-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #248
Dieselino
Captain
Rep
Drives: 03 LSB M3 06 M coupe 08 M3 SG

Just finished installing my Stromung exhaust tonight and if I had any doubts they are all gone. The exhausts fits and sounds awesome. The quality of this exhaust is very good, the fitment and the welds are very clean (yes they could have been polished as palantirion mentioned) but you never seen the welds unless you got your head underneath the car so its not an issue for me. Install was very easy and after talking to Scott from Stromung it made the install very simple to get adjusted how I wanted.

The factory exhaust uses a floating flange system which allows for alot of play. Before you tighten everything down, you just need to make sure the exhaust is lined up where you want it. Once its where you want it, just tighten each bolt alternating from side to side so it doesnt tighten one side more then the other and cause the exhaust to move or not create a proper seal. Its very logical and simple really.

The tips are very nice and are 3" in diameter compared to 2.5" stock. They actually look very OEM. The best part for me is that I no longer see that damn stock exhaust hanging down like a pair of nuts. As I said the tips look very OEM especially the size. However I would have liked the tips to be slightly larger for more of an aftermarket appearance. Putting the exhaust on really makes you notice how ugly the stock system is.

Lastly the sound, its not as loud as I thought it was going to be which I like. I really didnt want an exhaust that would drown out the sound of the engine as I love hearing the S54 rev up. You still can hear the engine but now the car has a nice deeper growl. I still havent driven it on the highway to see if it drones at a constant speed, but so far I havent noticed anything. The sound is just deeper and a little louder.

I would say if you are looking for a louder exhaust this one is not the way to go. I personally really like the sound, its just loud enough for my tastes. You can tell the car has an exhaust put I can still hear myself think. Plus I didnt want to render my blue tooth useless. Overall for the price and quality you can go wrong with this exhaust
Attached Images

Appreciate 0