View Single Post
      06-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #94
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8 RippiN View Post
with all the headaches you're having idk if i should upgrade to the 525 kit anymore the upgrade it expesnice for starters then throw in fuel pump, spark plugs, possible radiator upgrade, plus less reliability and conistnecy on track...would you say its even worth it??

I have the VT1 445 Kit as of now
Honestly it depends on how you are planning to use your car, your skill level on track, and your location. The issues I am having are directly related to how hard I'm pushing my car and the high temp and humidity of SC. I have only ever had problems on track so please don't think I am bashing the kit. No kit from any manufacturer comes ready for hard track use, hell most can't tolerate any. A guy I know with an AA E46 M3 550 has taken the better part of a year to get his car to run on track at all, and it requires meth water to do so. The ESS kit is good but they did not take into account changes to allow hard track use in hot climates. To do so would have raised the cost of the kit even more. The spark plug issue is major oversight IMHO but a cheap fix (They are 6 bucks a piece). The fuel pump is only a factor if your pump has high miles and again hard track use. The difference in power between VT-1 and 2 is major and for a street car is flawless as well.
George
Appreciate 0