08-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #1
johnson_ga
George
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sports - Now sold

Garage List
Why is the Z4M not popular in the UK?

Currently looking to change my E90 330i Sports (horrible rough ride from sports suspension and run flats - also very boring to drive - unlike my E46 330Ci).

Looking at a second hand Z4M Coupe, and have been in touch with dealer network who tells me that there are a selection of March '07 registered ones which are now £35000 (£45000 6 months ago) with only 900 miles on the clock. There's even a 30 day old one with £7.5K off the price - that's HUGE depreciation! He also has a Z4M (roadster) sitting on his forecourt (56 reg) which hasn't had the door opened in 6 months dispite a recent £5000 drop in price! What is it with these cars that (a) they are depreciating more rapidly than even an E46 M3 and (b) why are they not shifting faster than they should - this is a great and classic sports car after all! Is it that they are better on the track than the road, people have preferred to go for 911 instead, the CO2 emissions place it in the top '4X4' tax bracket (at 298g CO2/Km - band G - £300 p/a this year and £400 next year), or there's something else not quite right with them.

Help! I need to make up my mind tonight and make a choice on this or my alternative (non BMW). I'd like to hear from owners why I should still go ahead with buying the Z4M Coupe.

My last 3 cars have been BMWs, will be tough to leave the fold!

Many thanks.