No_Dominion_2
AKA No_Dominion
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
I can answer all your questions, I'm not affiliated with AFD in any way. Just a guy who did testing for them and supports their product. I've ran this kit on two of my Z4M's. No you dont need to update your tune for this kit. It's plug and play with any pump gas tune you DO NOT need to put an e85 tune on.

As far as kits, ressidentj3553 has one but his car is N/A, it's going to have a VF570 kit soon.
Calichase has one, his car has a VF570.
PokeyBritches has one on his Z4 3.0i with a ESS twin screw blower.
I've had two on my n/a Z4m's. One had a VF engineering Alpha N tune and the car ran like a raped ape. I believe I posted a dyno sheet in here somewhere earlier where it made 304whp bone stock with just the kit on an e74 blend.

PM me if you want more in depth details or videos.
I believe you don't work for the company, but being the test subject still ties you to them in some fashion. Plus, I always prefer to get reviews from more than one source, and yours is the only substantial review I've been able to track down. There seem to have been a few reviews on M3post, but since it's kaput, I can't access them.

I'm aware a specific E85 tune isn't necessary; what I'm concerned with is the lack of flexibility that Alpha-N tunes have in general, and how the overall combination of tunes + my mods might come into play, as 2nd and 3rd order effects sometimes don't appear initially. With the additional mods I have installed, and the resulting higher HP, that comes with an increased fuel demand. If I recall correctly, stock S54 injectors only flow roughly 260cc/min. With my already increased fuel demand, and the fact that E85 fundamentally requires a greater flow compared to standard pump fuel, I would likely be risking fuel starvation issues at the top end, or forcing the stock injectors to work at far too high of a duty cycle on a regular basis. Replacing injectors for ones that have a greater flow without updating the Alpha-N tune would be foolish of me.

The single aspect I'm really curious about is since I have a CSL style airbox (hence the Alpha-N tune) how in the world would the kit know how much air is being inducted in order to properly modify the injector PW to create the proper AFR? Too rich AFR and I stand to lose power, not gain any...

If this setup functions perfectly, it would/should make an outstanding addition to my car.
Appreciate 0