View Single Post
      10-25-2017, 11:21 AM   #22
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikamak View Post
How about using 18x9.5 ET22 all around without spacers and with 275/35/18 ?

Would that fit? could give me some details in front and rear ?
Will it fit? Probably. The rear on mine right now is equivalent to a 25mm offset, and as you can see in the pictures it's flush. 3mm more towards the outside isn't going to alter the geometry significantly IMO. I've inspected the tires and it does not appear to be rubbing on the outside fender on 275mm wide R-comps.

The front is questionable. It'll give more wheel to strut clearance, but at 3º of negative camber the top is pretty flush with the fender, but the bottom definitely "sticks out". Haven't fully determined what the aerodynamic penalties are but it sure makes for a very balanced car on track with 275s all around. The front now is effectively a ET 28 offset, and between this setup and my usual OEM rear wheels up front, at 9" wide and ET 30 offset, this comes much closer to the front corner where the bumper meets the fender. On on-ramps with bumps in the middle, I can hear the rub up front. It's probably eating through one of the expanding rivets that holds the fender liner to the bumper.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0