View Single Post
      10-12-2010, 08:23 AM   #17
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
^the plastic pry removal of the screw cap on my driver's side vent was really shoddy - twisted and deformed, as though they were struggling to remove it. then an albeit small nick from the screwdriver they used to remove the top screw. disappointing but i'm severely limited by choice of bmw dealerships. the only other dealership even remotely within comfortable distance is bmw of austin, and that's another extra hour of driving at least each way!
This is amazingly common(shoddy workmanship). I asked to have my wiper blades replaced under warranty last year and the monkey who did it (I could see him working from the waiting area so know it was in fact a "technician") managed to severely nick and gouge both of my wiper arms in the process(he just replaced the inserts). I had to get the dealer to replace both wiper arms as a result(under warranty). It is sad how poorly trained some of these guys are. If we were talking about a beat up 75 Chevy, no problem, but when a pristine late model car comes in to the shop, wouldn't it be logical to use a little care?

Last edited by chickdr; 10-13-2010 at 07:38 AM..
Appreciate 0