View Single Post
      05-20-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Fantastic track day!!!

I'm still coming off a high from all day yesterday. Absolutely the best experience in my MC thus far. I literally CANNOT believe what this car is capable of. It's UNREAL.

Place: Mission Raceway Park
Track day event sponsored by The BMW Store in Vancouver and Morrisport http://www.morrisport.com/

Tony Morris Jr was our head instructor, and everyone was super knowledgeable and professional.

We only had Group A and B, which meant a LOT of track time. In all, I'd estimate a minimum of 24 laps between 8am - 5pm (with proper cooldown).

Now I know just how well built this car is for the track. There's no feeling like it, and I'm finally getting what everyone else is on about. It's friggen awesome! While others were experiencing some fade near the end (mainly the 335's and one last-gen M5) I never once lost braking. I was told this was a very brake-heavy track as well. A testament to this car (again).
Despite the lack of congestion on the track, I still found myself catching up to others in my group. A 335, M3, 135, STi etc. I went what I thought was balls out and never came close to touching the limits of this car. Love.

Btw... Traction control ON.

I've found my new addiction.

Track:

Some other nice rides w/us:

Cooling down:
Appreciate 0