View Single Post
      02-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #16
MFGJR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Jason432,

I think this one was $385 for CCA members and $430 for outsiders. BMW CCA membership is $48 per year, so it's cheaper to join the CCA. And, you get Roundel magazine, a discounts on parts/service/accessories at the dealer (I think that's true for the Beach--it is up in Richmond), and then there's all us fun guys to hang around with. You'll get assigned to the club's Tidewater chapter, and if you'd like, call the club's national office at 800-878-9292 and have them also make you an affiliate of the Tarheel chapter for a nominal amount (maybe $10?). While you can join the club online at www.bmwcca.org, you can't add the second chapter membership there--have to call. Being a Tarheel chapter member will get you first crack at future schools, before other chapters' members and then outsiders.

Disclaimer--yes, I'm the membership coordinator for the Blue Ridge chapter!

Happy that you'll make it to VIR. I'm the Silver-Gray coupe, OE wheels, and should be near the garages in the paddock along with a blue 335 sedan, and a pair of E46 M3s...one blue, the other black.

How much track time do you have at VIR and elsewhere? That'll drive which run group you'll be in.

Frank
Appreciate 0