02-04-2023, 10:35 AM   #20
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyknot View Post
Thanks, I have had the wheel well liners off and everything looked good, no signs of mice activity.

I would love to take the car out for a drive but I have a foot of snow in front of the garage so it won't be anytime soon.

I disconnected the battery last night and also pulled the plug on the brake fluid level sensor.
Connected the battery this morning and turned the ignition to ON, the brake light was a constant red, then plugged in the brake fluid level sensor and the brake light went back to amber, so that looks to me like the fluid level sensor is working.
I still think it is connect to the DSC in some way, that's what I'm going to focus on for now.
Maybe the brake system needs to get wheel speed sensor input before it will reset. I'd suggest throwing it up on sands to run through the gears to get the wheels spinning, but the fronts probably need to rotate as well. I just think you need to drive it...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0