View Single Post
      03-12-2019, 03:15 PM   #10
Edris335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
In my experience both in SoCal and DFW, you're about 50% likely to pay the attorney fee, go to court (almost always required, so if the time commitment isn't in the cards, skip) and have it dismissed outright.

The other 50% chance is that they'll just enroll you in a shorter deferred adjudication period than you'd have gotten on your own, 60 days vs 90, for example. You'll still have to pay court costs and a fee for DA, and then not get a ticket for the specified time.

The front plate is a fix it ticket. I suggest double sided tape, works a charm for me. Take a pic, email the court, pull it right off and use light polish or Goo Gone to remove the tape gunk.
I've never heard of the second option that you stated. Most of the attorney companies write a trial by declaration letter for you, which you are supposed to print, sign, and mail to the court along with a check for the bail amount of the ticket. If the case gets dismissed, the court mails you a full refund of the check in 6-8 weeks. If you are still found guilty after the TBD, the companies say that you can do a "New Trial" where you can ask for a fee reduction and/or traffic school and most judges grant it. I'm definitely taking your advice for the fix it plate ticket though, sounds genius. I wasn't aware that you could email the court a picture of it, I thought it had to be visually inspected and written off by a law enforcement officer.
Appreciate 0