View Single Post
      10-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
MetMan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i, 2033 X5

Garage List
How do you M owners show restraint?

I've been toying with the idea of possible upgrading to a 3.0si or even a Z4M as I like the idea of having a bit more power. Well there is a Z4M Roadster that recently became available at a local dealership so I went last night for a test drive. All I can say is WOW!

After I let the car warm up and with the sales person by my side, I hit the on ramp to merge onto the expressway. All I can say is my 3.0i doesn't sound like that when I hit the gas! Once we merged onto the expressway I planted my foot a bit more and the car just took off! Let me just say that the acceleration definitely puts a huge smile on your face. I was also pleasantly surprised at how firm but non-punishing the ride was ( This car had Michlin PS2 tires).

After leaving the dealership I realized that as nice as that car is, you have to show some serious restraint as it's easy as sin to hit 100mph and get into serious trouble with law enforcement! So again I ask, especially those that don't track the car, how do you show restraint?