View Single Post
      03-10-2007, 11:56 PM   #21
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I wasn't that fond of GWB in the primaries. I voted for Alan Keyes. I knew he didn't have a chance, but in the primaries, you vote on your ideals. In the general election, you vote for the lesser of two evils. Since then, I have come to like GWB. At times, I think he has not been strong enough. He certainly is not a great communicator. He goes in the better than most presidents category.
WOW, interesting that you "got to like him" after...he's done nothing good (I am not saying that all he's done is bad either...). Absolutely nothing good:
- the economy is going as if any other guy or gal was in the office
- medical plans future -- who cares
- social security -- who cares
- education -- who cares
- world respect -- who cares.

Basically, our lives became controlled by fear and threats and all we talk about is the damn war and how many Iraqis or our soldiers died. That is not the perception of America I had growing up far away 30 years ago. Far from there.
Yes, you may say times are different, Al Qaeda, blah, blah... but then I ask you -- why US??? Why not Switzerland, why not Singapore, other countries that live MUCH better than we do???

You say I assume too much. Well, no power in history lasted forever neither will the all mighty USA. No way. China can already crush our economy overnight -- it was shown two weeks ago. They have $1.5 trillion in reserves, ZERO debt. Right now, we don't care about the debt ($9 trillion) because we rule it all -- we keep piling it up (very arrogant by the way). Once we're not on top, the payback time comes. Our kids are going to be cursing at us!

It is so simple, no assumption is needed -- this "free ride" will end sooner or later, and we pissed off the whole world. We basically have no alies any more out there, and the ones we call alies, for example the UK, are alies only Gov't wise...majority of people do not consider us alies. Therefore, all GWB cares about IS his wealth (gas, etc), and the USA...the rest of the world does not exist in his little World. But, we are not liked by almost 6.5B people and in two decades it will be by 10.5B people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
He goes in the better than most presidents category.
Are you kidding????
According to what -- people of the USA, World or you and <30% of Americans???
WOW, cannot believe there are people out there that actually think this way...

Good night.
Appreciate 0