Licensed Professional Slacker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 and 2023 Mazda CX-30

Garage List
  [10.00]
  [10.00]
2024 BMW M2  [9.50]
Yard freak here!!!! I follow a pretty simple lawn care regime recommended by the University of Minnesota Extension program. I live in Minnesota and do soil testing once a year in the spring (cost is $17 for a soil sample to be tested).

I do not fertilize in the spring. I let the grass grow tall and mow two to three times a week on the highest setting. I fertilize in late May to early June and spot spray for any weeds that may pop up. I then fertilize in mid to late August and again in late Sept to early October.

I mulch my lawn clippings back into the lawn (this is good for one free fertilization a year) and one deep watering of at least an inch a week as needed.

My lawn is lush and thick and I have very few weed issues and because I let it grow tall throughout the heat of the summer it tolerates the stress of the heat much better than short grass does (remember, the taller you let your grass routinely grow the deeper it will root down and will have a better water source plus it will shade out weed seeds and help prevent them from germinating).
Appreciate 1