05-18-2020, 12:17 PM   #39
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
We had something my wife ordered that was supposed to be delivered yesterday evening. I actually passed the mail truck as I was turning into the neighborhood.

She looked it up and it said they attempted delivery at 7:21pm.....but could not locate the house and needed more information.

Granted it wasn't our regular mail person, but we have lived there for 15 years and the street number is on our box and porch....easy to read.

So not sure what's up with that.

Now our regular mailman.....he's cool as can be. I have known him for years and he goes out of his way to make sure we get our stuff and he treats us good.

But we also give him a Christmas Card each year with a little gift so maybe that helps!
Our previous mailman was awesome and we did the same - Christmas card with some cash. If we weren't home when there was a package, he would go around back, leave it on the patio and leave a note with our mail in the box. But he also carried the mail with him when we had a package and handed it to us if we were home to save us a trip to the mailbox. Little things...

Unfortunately, he retired a couple of years ago. Now, we get boxes thrown somewhere near the front door, never bring the mail up with boxes since they never ring the doorbell, no hello / pleasantries, etc. Same for UPS - original driver was a great guy. Now they throw packages somewhere near the front door and never ring the bell to let us know something's out there.
Rmtt8211.00
Dpc2u11503.00