View Single Post
      07-25-2018, 05:30 AM   #13
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

I have had a few weeks now to let the kit settle in and play around with the settings.

For the street my current settings are as follows:

Front Low Speed Comp 6/26 Clicks
Front High Speed Comp 4/16 Clicks
Rear Low Speed Comp 6/26 Clicks
Rear High Speed Comp 4/16 Clicks
Front Rebound 2/28 Clicks
Rear Rebound 2/24 Clicks

Compared to stock the vehicle feels more compliant over sharp bumps (high speed comp) where before it was a two-handed effort to hold a line at high speed or cornering when a bump or dip was hit, now it is a one handed walk in the park. Also when cornering at speed there is notably less chassis roll (low speed comp) and the vehicle is easier to control, giving you much more confidence to push harder if you want to. These settings provide about the same stiffness as stock with much better chassis feel and handling. Some would say that this type of coilover kit is only for dedicated track use, but they would be wrong. If you have never tired how much something like this can improve handling compared to stock even at normal street speeds then you would be in for a real surprise. How it compares to other kits of the same value is for you to decide and I cannot offer a direct comparison as this is the only kit I have had on my vehicle and do not feel I would ever need to change.

I originally started my Low/Hi comp settings at 50% to try and get the system first dialed in and on the street it was virtually unusably stiff; on a track I am sure it would shine. I can only imagine what even higher settings would feel like. Suffice to say, if you want to set-up your vehicle to be ultra-track focused with this kit you most certainly can. As I have read many times on here, some have coilover kits that do not feel very stiff at all or even much better than stock. This R3 package seems to be able to span the gap from one extreme to the other, feeling equally at home on the street or track depending on your chosen settings.

I am very happy with my purchase as everything just seemed to fit and works very well with only basic tuning knowledge. From the results you get you can easily see Nitron have spent the time getting this kit sorted for our platform so I would give it the thumbs up if you were also considering a coilover setup.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter

Last edited by ANILE8; 07-25-2018 at 05:43 AM..
Appreciate 0