View Single Post
      03-28-2018, 01:39 AM   #2
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

Sorry for the above teaser shots without explanation but I was short of time and wanted to show some initial pics.

I have been researching my dream suspension set-up intensely for a couple of weeks before purchase, I ended up dropping the hammer on this kit a couple of months ago when I found out more about Nitron and Mike made me an offer too good to refuse.

Looking at posts from other members on this forum, I did not discover ANY who had invested in this company's products. I think that I may be the only one with suspension from this company. I believe this is a real shame as the build quality and features is second to none, do yourself a favor if you are in the market for a quality coilover kit and check them out, odds are you will not be disappointed. Nitron may not be as well known in the U.S. as other more mainstream manufacturers but in Europe they are big news and the go to brand for many major race teams.

Some of the other brands that I crossed shopped before purchase were:

JRZ Motorsport Series 12

AST 5300 Series

Moton Motorsport 3 Way

MCS 3 Way

I had my mind made up that I wanted 3-Way adjustment because with low-speed compression adjustment you can dial out body roll at turn-in, as well as pitch and squat movements. Reducing low-speed compression damping can help to quickly increase traction on bumpy tracks. Precise control of the chassis platform is a tremendous tuning advantage. Nitron also make their R1 kits with 2-Way combined damping adjustment for the more budget conscious amongst us.

It was extremely difficult to find any other Z4M owners who had gone down the same route with 3-Way suspension for me to ask questions concerning the performance. Most on here seem to favour setups from, Bilstein, KW, H&R, Fortune Auto, Ground Control, BC Racing and the hundreds of other low end brands that did not offer the same features and quality that I was shopping for.

The very first time you hold these in your hands you can see where the coin has gone as the workmanship is totally outstanding. You get what you pay for with suspension

Also for those on here that will say that is all fine but I do not have the budget for that; I do not accept the argument that price is a problem for most because the very same people will easily spend twice the cost of this setup and many times much more on power mods. Then they will decided it is a wise decision to buy sub $1,500 coilovers or run stock suspension.

Not saying that is the wrong way to do things, but I believe in upgrading brakes, suspension then power last if at all. It is just a matter of priorities and what you see as the most urgent areas to improve.

The advantages I saw with Nitron over other brands were the following in no specific order:
  • Extremely reasonably priced for what you get
  • Excellent customer pre/post purchase service and support
  • Adjustable drop link / sway bar mounts
  • Teflon lined spherical bearings
  • Fully floating aluminium separator piston between gas and oil with super low friction Teflon banding
  • Progressive cellular bumpstops
  • Silicone chrome spring with unique 'FLEXaLIGHT' coating
  • Forged aluminium tubes with roller burnished hard anodised bores
  • Induction hardened and super polished hard chrome plated piston rods
  • Camber plates included
  • Springs included
  • Monoball top & bottom rear shock mounts.
  • 16 Clicks high speed compression adjustment
  • 26 Clicks low speed compression adjustment
  • 24 Clicks rebound adjustment
  • 46mm Front and 40mm rear piston cylinder designs
  • 22mm Front induction hardened piston rods
  • 16mm Rear induction hardened piston rods
  • Mounting accessories included
  • Full custom build to customers requirement

Of course as you can see I specified a divorced rear end and I believe the kit comes with Eibach Pro-Kit springs that drop the rear about 10mm and the front springs are Nitron 70N or about 400lb/in

I cannot install this suspension yet because I am also upgrading all the rear end bushings to solid aluminum and everything is in thousands of pieces in my garage. Waiting for parts at the moment as now is the time to do it.

For the rear I had to specify Dry Breaks as I did not want to cut a 2.5" hole and the only brand that Nitron will use is Staubli. The cost of these was truly eye watering as they cost more then some cheap coilovers! But they use Staubli for a good reason and you can see the quality of the connectors when you pick them up.

Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter

Last edited by ANILE8; 12-12-2020 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: World's worst speller
Appreciate 0