GPower
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
We are finalizing some minor details of the side skirt extension. Should be able to post for casual voting very soon. This side skirt extension will have design cues to tie-in with the up coming diffuser. Really excited about that project as well.

We are taking this into account as we design. The kink will be a couple of inches behind the M logo on the door sill as the center of the kink to avoid stepping on the extension.

We like the Z06 vette design as well; however, the Vette has a concave side skirt body line. It is easier to design if all you have to do is to draw a line to fill that space. Our Z4 has a convex body line. We have space in the front and at the rear if one just simply draw a straight line, the middle bow outboard quite a bit. Couple with avoiding the extension to be stepped on, it is a tough line to design without going too overboard.

I'll post an update some time this week. Stay tuned.

If I upset you, I didn't mean to. I just wanted to find out if a small tweak could be made to make it look as close as possible to the Z06.

The other thing you have to deal with is the two different sideskirts and that doesn't make it easier.

Anyways I think you are doing a great job and a testament to that is the amount of interest the Skyer spoilers are generating.

Cheers
Appreciate 0