View Single Post
      11-08-2021, 08:20 AM   #152
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

Alright, this hasn't been a good season. Replacement trans is holding up so far with a pump and cooler running.

I'm able to keep temps at or below 220F. Only time will tell.

I also ran the Diff cooler and it's keeping temps at 250F (rarely) or below, usually in 210-230 range. Good news is the Diff rear poly bushing is no longer melting (remember, 3.0si diff with Quaife in here)

Bad news is I blew my 2nd diff now at the last event This was after it was rebuilt 2 years ago with proper tolerances and such. It lasted me 14 events (~88 20min. HPDE sessions, or about 22 hours of abuse).

I need to make a decision here. Either rebuild again, and take my chances (perhaps the damage was already done from hours of high temp pre-diff cooler), and give it one more try. OR, start preparing for Z4M rear conversion. I assume the Z4M/E46M3 diff is beefier and has history of holding more torque?

I've been reading on here what I need, and I should be able to source all the parts but really wanted a Z4M/M3 rear diff with quaife (I don't want clutch packs). We're talking subframe, halfshafts, driveshaft, rear shocks?, new bushings throughout, new rear wheels (offsets), and who knows what else.