View Single Post
      03-17-2024, 07:47 PM   #1
kk7ds
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si

How are the mice getting in?

My wife has a beautiful 2006 E85 SI roadster. It's so beautiful that the mice love it too.

We store it in a self-storage unit during the winter right next to my E46 M3. We have glue traps lining the walls and don't leave any food (or really anything) in or near the cars. Yet, for the second time, we went to get the Z4 out only to find evidence of mice inside.

Unfortunately, this year, it was way worse. The glove box was their toilet, and they built a nest under the radio (behind the controls for the top and heated seats) with at least 10 live baby mice inside. It was awful. We're hoping that with all the bleach spray and ozone treatments we'll be able to get the smell out. It's a work in progress and most of the interior is disassembled while we do that.

HOWEVER, especially while it's disassembled, I'm trying to figure out how they're getting in and/or why they like the Z4 more than the M3 (I'm grateful, but my wife is not). I've got the full glove box area disassembled and the fuse box dropped down. I don't really see any obvious places (I know mice don't need obvious places) where they might be getting in.

Does anyone know of any design issues or obvious passageways that might be a thing we can plug up, even if just while winterizing? Any suggestions appreciated!
Appreciate 0