View Single Post
      01-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #20
All American 6
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 si Coupe

I searched convertibles on the Auto Trader and came across the Z4. Then I found they had a coupe. I loved it at first sight. I’ve never seen one in person before going to the car lot to look at this car. Smaller then I thought it would be. I would hate to have to drive it as a daily driver. She wanted a New Bettle Convertible – I’m glad we didn’t get one.

Love the extended leather. Wish it had power seats. Color is perfect.

I've read through the site here. I plan on doing the DIY on getting rid of the stickers on the visors. We'll keep the car stock. Maybe get a shorty antenna.

She'll have a learners permit for the next year. During that time only immediate family members can be in the car.

Here are the GA laws once she is 16 in a year and receives her license (there's a state law requiring class room drivers ed attendance too):

• No driving between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. No exceptions
• During the first six months after issuance, no driving with passengers who are not members of the driver’s immediate family;
• For the second six month period, no driving with more than one passenger under the age of 21 who is not a member of the driver’s immediate family;
• After one year from the date of issuance, no more than three passengers under the age of 21 who are not members of the driver’s immediate family.

I'll monitor it closely and maintain the car. If I had a boy, I would probably install a device to track location and speed.

My first car was a '65 Fastback Mustang at age 15. I bought it. My parents did help me get a loan. I later put a 6/71 blower on it. I owned it from '78-'02. It was nice my brother owned a full service mechanic and body shop.
Appreciate 0