Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zavo View Post
Pm pricing and info for 19" VT996 Wheel Set - Matte Black Time Attack (Staggered) for z4m... Can we do 10" for rear? Also I'm not familiar with rims, what's quality difference between expensive ones and these?
Honestly a lot of people make a big deal about forged (more expensive) VS cast (less expensive) and I want to disclose right up front that for a good 90% of us drivers both will suffice for the weekend track, daily driving, and long distance driving. I have been through over 60 sets of wheels in the last 18 years and it makes no difference for daily commutes/driving with an occasional track day. Some people will say otherwise and its just not correct most of the time. Even some said SSR was a weak wheel and funny thing is I met the president of Speed Star Racing when I lived in Hawaii when they came out to Eurosport and told him about a lot of people saying that over the years in person and on the forums and he laughed and said it was just not true and just a rumor (of course right?). I had 3 sets and never had an issue in the several years I owned them. Most ran into curbs, thus they broke/fractured. I did that with a forged Volk and high cast Advans... all 3 did the same thing.

However, one bonus you see with forged wheels is they tend to weigh less than the cast wheels. But there are a high quality cast wheel such as Advan and they are pretty darn light.

My two favorite wheels are Advan RG2s (cast) and Volk CE28 (forged). If I could own both, I would. Done and done.

Anyway its really up to you and what you are looking for.

Good luck with your search and bump for some sweet wheels!!!

Last edited by Endless619; 08-14-2011 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0