View Single Post
      05-02-2019, 10:19 PM   #6
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
I paid $34.5k for mine last November. 34k miles, outstanding condition. Private party who advertised it right here at z4post.com, but never listed it anywhere else, so it flew under the radar and was buried 3 pages deep when I found it. He wanted $38k, but it had 4 owners, and some paintwork on the driver's door, which almost chased me away. Also past due for Inspection 1, and I had to truck it home to Arizona from Philly, so I had to factor that into my cost. He convinced me that the paintwork on the door was top quality and undetectable, and he was right. I countered his $38k ask with $34k, noting the car's needs and my overhead, and he agreed with my observations and countered at $34.5k and the deal was done, following a quick weekend trip to see & drive it first. I have all the maintenance records going back to the all-important 1200-mile break-in service. I had Inspection 1 done by his indy shop before trucking it home. Michelin PS2's had lots of wear left, but were 7 years old so I replaced them. Overall - zero disappointments and I think I got a good deal at that mileage. Also Space Gray, 1 of 48 in the USA, and carbon leather/non-nav, both of which were requirements for me.

EAG just sold a 55k-mile Silver Gray '07 for $39,900, in just 12 days. For comparison, in 2015 I traded my original to them at 57k miles, and it sold for $29,900, and took several months to move. So the market was probably about at bottom then, and is clearly on the rise now - for clean, low-mileage, stock or relatively stock examples. Will prices ever get crazy, like the E30 M3? I tend to think not, but these cars are a LOT more rare than that car, and seem to finally be getting their due appreciation by a wider audience.

If you are the original owner of your car, and it has a clean history with full service documentation - $35k is probably pretty easily achievable, if not a little more if a desirable spec and the right buyer comes along. My advice? KEEP IT! I sold my original after 8 years and regretted it almost immediately. 3 years later I righted that mistake. This one's a keeper.
ried791.50