View Single Post
      05-16-2016, 01:08 PM   #7
TRiCC
E86 M Coupe
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Thank you! Yes I had a vision and knew the car needed a LSD pronto! Woops forgot to mention that the muffler and resonator are both Magnaflow, post edited. I decided on the merge early after reading that E91 n52 exhaust thread saying that Bimmerworlds set up is better flowing at higher rpm's with the y merge earlier. Realistically I believe that in racing that taking a corner or turn never puts you under 10mph where torque is generally needed at lower rpms / speeds. Unless they took the wrong line and or braked too much. For street I went with the 2.5" to keep a little bit of backpressure vs the 3". I havent noticed any big dips in backpressure with this catback system so I believe I have the best of both worlds. I was thinking of going back to the muffler exhaust shop in the future to get some flanges put on before the back resonator, and have him build another pipe with dual tips exitsand flange to swap whenever I wanted it much louder. Thanks again for your knowledge 3002 tii !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Very nice! Car looks great and seems like you went with some well thought out quality mods.

What brand resonator did you go with? Any reason you did he merge further up instead of what we initially discussed?

Only thing I would've done different is maybe go with an oval tip or duals to fill out the bumper cutout better. But your video sounds awesome!

Last edited by TRiCC; 05-16-2016 at 01:19 PM..
Appreciate 0