Get off my lawn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Now fellas. Be nice.

I have to admit that I do not really reach for the Z4MC keys when getting ready to run errands. A longish commute on interesting roads, heck yeah! I did just that in fact for quite some time. But I don't see either E86 I owned as being 'practical' cars. I can easily see where the GT86 would win that round.

Against my 996 targa on the other hand... no contest. That car has a silly amount of practicality. Small footprint, tight turning circle, tremendous outward visibility, easy ingress/egress, and it's a Porsche so people smile and give thumbs up. It's crazy how popular the little things are. And clean examples can easily be found for less than the cost of a new GT86 or whatever they're calling them these days. Food for thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Also, I think if you were to offer anyone a E86 vs. FR-S/BRZ for free, I'd bet 98% of the time the Bimmer would get the nod. Just sayin'
100% correct. So many reasons the Z4MC is still in my garage and the FRS is history.

A 996 sounds like a very tempting daily, even seen a few C4 and C4S doing winter duty here!
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17316.50