pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyknot View Post
Well I know those dummy projectors on other Z4's use a halogen bulb with an appropriate reflector so I guess I could cannibalize a standard headlight for that.
I could also use couple of the new LED headlight bulbs and try something, yes, a lot of work and as you say, probably not worth the effort.
I just wondered if there was a popular off the shelf remedy.
The Z4 headlights with a high beam in place of the dummy you're speaking of have completely different internals so I can't see how that would work and even if you could hack something together, they may not come close to the light output of the stock Bi-Xenons high beams.

Also, the internals of the headlights auto-level with a motor so it's not so simple to modify them.

If you really want to replace the dummy projector with a real light, a better option would be to put a dedicated LED high beam projector in there, though mounting it would take some modifications.

If you simply want better lighting than the stock Bi-Xenons, replace the current projector with something like a Morimoto EVOX-R 2.0 Bi-Xenon projectors along with better bulbs which will have much better light output than the stock projectors, plus be 100 times easier since they'll bolt right in place of the stock projectors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyknot View Post
So you market an angel eye kit?
No, I don't market a kit.
Appreciate 2
3002 tii2279.50