09-21-2015, 04:03 PM   #34
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by abashoe View Post
Thanks for the update InTgr8r. I'm really interested in doing this mod.

I've an intermediate driver and leave the DSC on at the track. I've driven with it off and a couple times i ran out of skill. I prefer to keep it on. But the yellow blinking light is very disruptive (mostly understeer for me)

Question: With DTC mode on did you push it hard enough for the nannies to kick in? If you did
a) are there visual indicators? yellow flashing light?
b) how far did it let you go before reeling you in?

For me I like how DSC lets you get some slight oversteer but still saves my butt when i need it. But I absolutely hate what it does with understeer. It is way too invasive.
Your issue with understeer will not change with this coding.
Understeer/oversteer is all in the car setup and driving technique.

The description from BMW for track mode is very good
"M track mode is a feature of the Dynamic Stability Control DSC, designed for driving on dry roads. It allows you to drive with higher longitudinal and lateral acceleration, whereas driving stability is somewhat reduced. Only in its absolute limit will the system try to stabilize the vehicle by reducing engine power and applying brakes to the wheels. Under these driving conditions the driver must be prepared to perform corrective steering movements if necessary."

I didn't get the car out of shape to the point that the system noticeably intervened.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0